Shooting In Home Studio Alone
A lot of us are in uncharted territory, from clients to creatives, we are all trying to adapt to this new reality. None of us know how long it will last or what the other side will look like. It’s all an hands on deck moment like I’ve never experienced. In an ideal world, we quickly get back to shooting in our efficient teams with highly specialized skillsets. I would always prefer to shoot with stylists and have creatives on set for fast and accurate art direction decisions, but it’s hard to say when we will return to that. Many of us are polishing and expanding our own unique skillsets to be more adaptive and available within the new reality. I am more than happy to bring my experience of years as a chef back into play in this rapidly evolving situation.
Have a small or medium project? Let’s get back to work!
- Everything in this gallery was conceptualized, styled, propped, photographed and edited/retouched by me in my home studio, ALONE.
- The lighting options I have here are varied and customizable. All looks in this gallery are able to be replicated.
- I have set up a remote server so anyone in the world with an iPad or iPhone, an internet connection and the (free) Capture One Pilot app can follow along with a shoot in realtime, see images seconds after they are made, personally swipe between current and past images of the shoot, mark selects and discuss changes on a separate simultaneous phone or zoom call. I am also open to other methods any creatives or art directors have used in the past, including dropbox file sharing, etc. I have access to reliable high speed internet and experience with remote shooting and long distance art direction. Patience is a virtue, technology is magic.
- Grocery stores near me are stocked with everything from common pantry items to esoteric ingredients from across the world.
- All props and surfaces in these images are available for immediate use. Beyond these pictured in this gallery, I have a selection of props/surfaces in a pdf that can be downloaded here. What I don’t have can be ordered and delivered.
- The last images in this gallery are shots of my current kitchen for angles and options reference for wider environment shot possibilities.